GOOD BUYS: Garlic, dried fish, palek or rice wine
SOUVENIRS & HANDICRAFTS: Kalapay and Vakul, hats, baskets, dried flowers, fans, key holders, vovud (jewelry boxes).
BATANES PUBLIC CALLING OFFICE/ PILTEL
Tel. Nos. (02) 533-3456
Fax No. (02) 533-3444
• Monday thru Friday: 8:30 am to 8:30 PM
• Saturday & Sundays: 9:00 am to 4:00 PM
• Cut-off: 30 minutes before closing time BUTEL via Satellite
Tel. Nos. (078) 371-2391 – 94
• Monday thru Fridays: 8:00 am – 5:00 PM
Tel. Nos. (02) 196-61-12 to 14
Fax No. (02) 196-61-15
Office of Cong. Florencio Abad:
Tel. (02) 533-3452
Tel. (02) 931-53-20
1. Batanes Provincial Hospital
2. Itbayat District Hospital
3. Six Rural Health Units and seven Barangay Health Stations – one each in five municipalities and two in Basco
4. Sabtang – 6 bed lying in/community
Aside from the Basco PNP Provincial Command in mainland Batan, all municipalities have their own local PNP stations. Batanes registered the lowest crime rate in the country.
1. Bureau of Telecommunications
3. Phil. Postal Corp. Office in Basco, Mahatao, Ivana, Uyugan, Itbayat and Sabtang
6. Radyo ng Bayan, DWPE AM
1. Land Bank of the Philippines, Basco, Batanes
2. Philippine National Bank, Basco,
2. Builders Bank, Basco, Batanes
Electric power from the BATANELCO is available from 6:00 am to 12:00 midnight around Batan Island.
All tap water in Batanes are sourced from mountain spring.
Jeep Hire: P1,200.00 - P1,500.00 per day around Batan Island
Falowa: Gross Tonnage – 7.72
Ivana port to Sabtang Island – P30.00/pax one way
Gross Tonnage – 12.18
Basco port to Itbayat Island – P200.00/pax one way