i

Member Login

Home >> Go to the Regions >> Region V Bicol >> Tourist Attactions >> Naga City     

Naga City

Natural

Malabsay Falls
This 40 foot high wonder is located on the slope of Mt. Isarog in Panicuason. The Malabsay Falls Ecology Park features swimming areas beneath the waterfalls, concrete winding stairs, foot bridges and pathways, cottages, and a plant nursery and camping ground

Landmarks

Plaza Quince Martires
A place constructed at the heart of the city, built in honor of the 15 Bicol martyrs.

Ateneo de Naga University
The only Jesuit school in the region founded in 1940 earned the moniker Fort Santiago of Bicol during World War II. The Japanese used its building as a concentration camp. A newly build chapel stands near the gate entrance using only Bicol Artist s and construction materials with our Lord Jesus Christ depicted as a brown Malay not the usual Caucasian feature.

Man-Made

Universidad de Santa Isabel
Founded in 1868, this is the normal school for women in the Far East. It is also the seat of the first Bicolano government after the Spanish War. Before it was conferred a university status, its name was then known as the Colegio de Sta. Isabel.

Holy Rosary Minor Seminary
Situated beside the Naga Metropolitan Cathedral was founded in 1793 becoming the second school in the Philippines. This is the seminary where Bicolano hero Jose Maria Panganiban and Bishop Jorge Barlin studied. A museum is located inside the seminary, is the Concillar de Museo de Seminario.

Museums

University of Nueva Caceres Museum
Located inside the University of Nueva Caceres campus, the UNC museum is one of the oldest museum outside Manila and recognized by the International Association of Museum. It houses historical articrafts of the ancient Bicol, its people and its culture.

Our Lady of Peñafrancia Museum
Located at Peñafrancia Avenue near the banks of Naga River a few steps away from the Peñafrancia Shrine, this museum is a fond tribute to the Miraculous Lady. It is a place to get in touch with Bicol’s historico-religious tradition. Its centerpiece is the Diorama, a tri-dimensional presentation of faith and devotion from its roots in San Martin del Castañar, Spain.

The museum was declared a national historical landmark on September 9, 1988. From a humble vocation house of the 18th century, it has emerged as a center and well-spring of ecclesiastical education in the Bicol Region.

Museo del Seminario Concillar de Nueva Caceres
Located in the central pavilion of the age-old Holy Rosary Minor Seminary. On display are materials in four exhibit areas.

Gallery of Bikolano Ecclesiastics is a showcase of the memorablia of prominent Bicolano bishops, old scholastic records, a directory of the Bikol clergy, books owned by Bishop Jorge Barlin and archival materials, which all give evidence of the ecclesiastical education of the Bikolanos..

The Ecclesiastical Vessel and Articrafts room is a mixed collection of liturgical materials, monstrance, chalicecs, candelabras, and candelaros, retablos and other pieces-all reminders of the devotions of the past, the Christian heritage of the Filipinos.
The Marian Room is a collection of pictures of the canonical coronation in 1924 of the Virgin of Peñafrancia. There are water color paintings of the different Marian images venerated in the different parishes of the Archdiocese of Caceres.
Archeological Room with its collection of pre-Christian articrafts which consist of Neolithic stone technology unearthed mostly in the Bicol Region.

The museum was declared a national historical landmark on September 9, 1988. From a humble vocation house of the 18th century, it has emerged as a center and well-spring of ecclesiastical education in the Bicol Region.

Religious

Basilica Minore
Thousands of pilgrims flock to this site, home to the miraculous image of Nuestra Señora de Peñafrancia during the September celebration of the Peñafrancia fiesta just to visit and venerate the Virgin

Naga Metropolitan Cathedral
Constructed in 1816 to 1831, the Cathedral was the seat of the Archiodecese of Caceres which encompassed the six Bicol provinces, it is the biggest church in the Region.

Our Lady of Peñafrancia Church
The church’s hand painted ceilings and fine architecture has been preserved for the appreciation of the devotees and visitors. It is the original home of Nuestra Señora de Peñafrancia.

San Francisco Church
The first church constructed by Franciscan friars.

 

Viewing 1 - 1 of 1  
 [1] 

Announcement

CloseNo events foundsss.